1. Many countries spend a lot of money preparing competitors to take part in major sports competitions such as the Olympics, football world cup etc. Some people think that it would be better to spend this money to encourage children to take part in sports in a young age. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
2. Some people believe that everyone has the right to receive university education，so the government should make it free to all people regardless of their financial background. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Since money for postgraduate research is limited, some people think financial support from the government should be only provided for scientific research rather than the research for less useful subjects. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. In some countries, young people are not only richer but also safer and healthier than ever before. However, they are less happy. What do you think are the causes of this? What solutions can you suggest?
5. Some people think personal happiness is closely related to economic success, while others believe that it depends on other factors. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
6. Many countries now have people from different cultures and ethnic groups. What is the reason for this? Is it a positive or negative development?
7. It has become easier and more affordable for people to visit other countries. Is it a positive or negative development?
8. Some people think that advertising discourage us from being different individuals, as all people want to do the same and look the same. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
9. Some people believe more actions can be done to prevent crime, while others think that little can be done. What is your opinion?
10. We have three important parts of education reading, writing and Math. Some people think every child will benefit from a fourth skill added to the list: computer skills. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. In the past, people used to travel abroad to look many differences from their home country. Nowadays, cities throughout the world are becoming more and more similar. What are the reasons？Is this a positive or negative development？
12. With the increasing use of mobile phones and computers, fewer people are writing letters. Some people think that the traditional skill of writing letters will disappear completely. To what extent do you agree or disagree? How do you think letter-writing is important?
13. More and more companies are allowing employees to work from home. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
14. Nowadays, people always throw old things away and buy new things, whereas in the past, old things were repaired and used again. What factors cause this phenomenon? What effects does the phenomenon lead to?
15. In some countries around the world men and women are having babies late in life. What are the reasons? Is it a positive or negative development?
16. We live in cities or towns which have museums displaying historical and cultural importance, but people do not visit them. What are the reasons？How important are those museums to our society?
1. Some people think that work is the most important thing of people's life. Without the success of career, life will become meaningless. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. In some countries, parents expect their children to spend long time studying both in and after school and have less free time. What are the positive and negative effects on children and society they live in?
3. Caring for children is important in any society. All parents should be required to take childcare courses. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. Some people think watching TV is bad for children, while others think that watching TV has more beneficial effects on children. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion.
5. Some people think young people should be free to choose his or her job，but other people think they should be realistic and think more about their future. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
6. Some people think all lawbreakers should be put into prison, while others believe that there are better alternatives. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
7. Not enough students choose science subjects in universities in many countries. What are the reasons and what are the effects to the society?
8. Universities and colleges are now offering qualifications through distance learning from the Internet rather than teachers in the classroom. Do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
9. Some people believe that studying in a college or university is the best way for students to prepare for their future career. Others think they should leave school as soon as possible to develop their career through work experience. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
10. Human society has made great technological progress in the last hundred years. Some people think this also has negative effects on our life. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. As countries develop, their populations tend to live individually or in small family units. What are the causes of this trend and what are the effects on society？
12. Some people claim that it is acceptable to use animals in medical research for the benefit of human beings, while other people argue that it is wrong. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
13. Some people think that older school children should learn a wide range of subjects to acquire more knowledge, while other people believe they should learn a small number of subjects in details. Discuss both views and give your opinions.
14. In many countries, the quality of life in large cities is becoming worse. What are the causes for this problem? What measures do you think should be taken to tackle this problem?
15. Some people think it is important for all children to learn history in school. Others believe that other subjects are more relevant to children’s lives today. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
16. Some people believe that government money should be spent on important things rather than arts such as painting and music. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
17. Some people think that the government should offer financial support and care to old people, while others think that people should save money for their future life. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
18. Nowadays some countries encourage people to buy more and more products, while others believe it has negative effects on the society. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
19. Some people think family has the most powerful influence on children's development. Others，however, believe that other things have greater effects. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
20. Some people think secondary school students should learn international news as one of their subjects, while others believe that this is a waste of valuable time. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
更多雅思学习资料，关注我的新浪微博@雅思哥 和微信公众号 雅思哥
Copyright2017, passthexam.com. All rights reserved. | 粤ICP备17119734号